Monday, August 21, 2006

Mason Dixon Kimono

I finally finished the Mason-Dixon Kimono. Not extirely pleased with the results, but happy enough that with my notes I will do another with modifications. The sleeves ended up very narrow once seamed and the back neck curled. Next time I will add more width to the sleeves and 5 rows of garter stitch to the back to finish off the neck edging. I will also double the increases to ensure I have enough front to add buttons. Here ya go...



Finished kimono. Underneath is a striped oufit in "newborn size" that has a stripe of green that matches the yarn perfectly.

Close up of stiches and yarn. Yarn is a pretty green in TLC cotton/acrylic in a color called Kiwi.

Apllied i-cord to create a square knot tie. Inside are two longer (but less bulky) chain crochet ties.

P.S. True color is somewhere in between the pictures. Brighter than the pic above, but not quite as limey as the first two.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lani said...

Love that color. I'm looking at doing that pattern once I finish the blanket and sweater that are currently on my hook and needles, so I was interested to note what modifications you'll make. You're not the first I've heard say that the sleeves were narrow, btw.

8:07 PM

 
Blogger shirleyknits said...

I knit 2 kimonos in stocking stitch, and found that the neck on the first curled, like you said. I modified the neck of the second one with 5 rows of garter stitch & it worked well. Also, I'm glad I had increased the width of the sleeve on both kimonos! It worked well.

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Sarah O G said...

what length circulars did you use? It is super cute, I'm trying to make one for my soon to be newborn at the beginning of October.

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home